Interested in becoming a volunteer?
YMCA Essex offers opportunities for young people and their communities to develop in mind, body and spirit and so help to fulfil their potential. We endeavour to reflect this holistic approach in the way we recognise the value of each individual volunteer and enable them to make their unique contribution to the organisation’s mission and thus to the community. YMCA values diversity and welcomes applications from across all of the community. Volunteering will suit you if you have time to dedicate and an interest in supporting a charity. Volunteering could involve:
- Helping to organise and attending fundraising activities and events
- Working with young people at youth groups or in the supported housing
- Helping the team produce documents and media promotion
- Helping with holiday clubs and children’s work
- Administration work
The above list is not exhaustive. If you have skills or experience in other fields and would like to volunteer, please get in touch. Not only can offering your time be a great way to learn new skills, build new friendships and contribute to your local community, it may also enhance your CV and job prospects for the future.
Although we cannot pay you for your time, we will contribute towards your travel and lunch costs.
If you are interested in knowing more about volunteering at YMCA Essex and would like to speak to us, please call us on 01245 355677 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone who can help us further the mission and goals of YMCA Essex without being financially remunerated is considered a volunteer.
Current volunteering opportunities:
Forms to download:
If you’re interested in volunteering, please download, complete and return the following forms:
Interested in joining our Board of Trustees?
Our trustees are a team of volunteers who use their time, skills and experience to carry out the work of the board which is to
- Provide strategic leadership and support for YMCA Essex
- Uphold the Christian faith basis of YMCA, and promote its mission and objectives
- Agree vision and strategy
- Ensure good governance and accountability
- Make best use of human, financial and property resources
- Maximise YMCA’s impact in meeting needs
- Take part in YMCA events and activities
- Encourage, praise and thank staff and volunteers
- Promote YMCA and its work within Essex communities
The Board and its Committees meet 4-5 times a year in either Chelmsford or Colchester. As an inclusive Christian charity working with people of all faiths and people of none, we welcome applications to join the Board from people with diverse backgrounds and diverse attributes as well as from people who can provide Christian leadership (at least half of our Board members are committed Christians). We are keen to include people with connections to communities in different parts of Essex, and people with the skills, abilities, knowledge and experience we need for the effective working of the Board.
If you are interested in joining the Board or want to find out more about how you could use your skills and experience to help us, please call our Chief Executive Andy Drake on 01245 355677 for an informal chat about the role and how to apply.