It’s important to understand what this virus is. Coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) is an illness that can affect the lungs and airways. Symptoms are similar to the flu. In almost all cases people will not die from having coronavirus. However, for people over the age of 70 and or/with existing health conditions, it can have increased risks. It’s best to do everything you can to prevent catching or passing it on.
The handy information poster below gives you some useful tips on what you should do, which includes:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it;
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away;
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available (we have provided hand sanitiser throughout the office);
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces; and
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean